Love beauty products? The digital world? How about giveaways?
Poshly.com, a digital beauty company headquartered in NYC, with offices in LA and SF, is seeking a fierce, dedicated intern to join its team. Internship duties include assisting with Poshly’s email marketing and social media efforts, with opportunity to work with Poshly’s Managing Editor, pitch giveaways and blog posts, and other miscellaneous tasks.
Qualified candidates should have a passion for the beauty industry, impeccable writing skills, and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision since this is a telecommuting position. Professional communication skills are key. Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr is required. Knowledge of Mailchimp email marketing tools is ideal, as this platform will be used extensively in the internship’s email marketing responsibilities. Daily access to a computer and high speed internet is also required. Access to a smartphone is preferred.
Preferred applicants are currently enrolled in a college or university, although high school seniors are also eligible.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and availability for a phone interview to AJ@poshly.com. In your cover letter, please tell us about your specific interests in the beauty space, and a fun fact about you!
Title: Email & Social Media Marketing Intern
Duration: Ongoing; ~ 5 hours per week
Internship Type: School Credit
Location: Remote (ideally LA or NYC)
Contact: AJ@Poshly.com, West Coast Editorial Director
About Poshly: Poshly is a digital beauty company focused on connecting consumers with the brands they love in a personal way. Currently, Poshly hosts giveaways featuring coveted beauty products and fashion items for its tens of thousands of members. Poshly has been honored with L’Oreal’s Women in Digital Award, featured in InStyle Magazine’s “Best of the Web” 2012, and works with brands like Cutex, Murad, Benefit Cosmetics, and many, many more. Visit us at http://www.poshly.com.
Shazia V. from Millbrae, CA!
What she won from Poshly.com: Hayden Panettiere-inspired bundle from the Golden Globes 2013, including products from Benefit Cosmetics and Maybelline!
Her fave beauty product: “I am obsessed with bareMinerals Round the Clock waterproof eyeliner. I love all the colors, but the deep blue eyeliner called Noon really makes my dark eyes stand out. I never leave the house without a dramatic swipe of this liner to waken up my eyes.”
Enter to win beauty giveaways at www.Poshly.com!
Katherine L. from Bridgeport, CT!
What she won: The Zooey Deschanel-inspired bundle of beauty products, including MAC lashes, Tarte lipstick, and Cutex Baseworx.
Her fave beauty product: ”It has to be Korres lip butter in Pomegranate. It’s so moisturizing and nourishing, and gives great sheer color that’s perfect for everyday use. A little tub goes a long way too!”
For more beauty giveaways, visit www.poshly.com!
It has been 30 years since the designer got started selling shoes from a truck, and seven since he last showed on a runway during New York Fashion Week. For More
Oxblood lips are to-die-for in the Kenneth Cole show!
- Didn’t bet on the Ravens for the Super Bowl win? You could have wagered on far lighter subject matter, it turns out, as bets covering more “exotic” areas — like how Beyonce would style her hair for halftime — peppered the net over the weekend.
- Nail gurus, rejoice! “Nail It!,” a magazine devoted to nail art lovers, will hit newsstands this month.
- California hair salon TheBroot made a splash on the web when it was revealed that one treatment offered to clients touts an ingredient list that includes, well, bull testicles.
- Mercy on the poor guy who apparently had an allergic reaction to hair dye that left his face and head totally swollen. Pics surfaced on Reddit of the fellow with unfortunate beauty luck. Yikes…Benadryl, stat!
- Happen to love nail polish and Special K cereal? You’re in luck, mani queen. OPI has partnered with the cereal brand for a trio of polishes. You can even redeem the shades by purchasing Special K products. Lacquer up!
Here’s what’s been happening in the beauty world…
- Score one for the bunnies — the European Union is banning the import or sale of makeup that’s been tested on animals. Time to step your animal rights game up, America!
- It’s bang backlash from the ultimate fashion guru: Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld dubs Michelle Obama’s widely-praised fringe a “bad idea” in an interview with France’s Canal Plus.
- Mustaches on the runway? Yep, it’s happening. Yohji Yamamoto took “menswear” to new heights during Paris Fashion Week, adorning models with facial hair fit for Yosemite Sam.
- Nail polish is your shopping go-to, according to reports that place lacquer sales at a whopping $768 million bucks last year. That’s a 32% spike from 2011!
- Fashion designers have teamed with makeup companies for years to launch special lines, but this partnership caught our eye on the beauty forecast: Lancome will be working with Jason Wu on a makeup collection slated to launch this fall. Yes, please!
- Had your fill of BB Creams yet? The trend shows no signs of slowing down, as Pantene announces a BB Cream for…you guessed it…your hair.
Poshly’s CEO Doreen Bloch and East Coast Editorial Director Shalwah Evans pose for a picture with Miss America 2013, Mallory Hytes Hagan, Poshly’s newest curator! Enter to win Miss America’s favorite products from Artistry at www.poshly.com.
- Michelle Obama made waves on the internet this week after she debuted bangs and a Twitter account on her birthday. Happy Birthday, FLOTUS!
- Vogue’s February issue includes a photo spread shot by famed photog Annie Leibovitz that features models posing with first responders in areas devastated by Hurricane Sandy. While Vogue says the issue “pays tribute” to these heroes and New York, critics call the spread “offensive,” especially given that certain Gotham areas are still deeply suffering after the storm.
- Lost your purse? Your makeup goods may be pricier than anything else in your bag…or the bag itself! On average, stolen handbags are filled with around $275 worth of cosmetics. Eep!
- Hangnails on the go are the worst. Luckily, Refinery29 has a way to rid yourself of that uncomfortable beauty nuisance. All you need is the jeans you’re wearing.